Thursday, April 9, 2009

Let me tell you a little about myself.

My name is Philip Ranck. I am a graduate student at Ball State University studying Residential Property Management (RPM), and I plan to graduate in July 2009. I earned my undergraduate degree from Ball State in 2007 with a degree in Interior Design and minored in Marketing. Throughout my time in the RPM Graduate program I have taken courses in Management of Government Assisted Housing, Residential Property Management Simulation, Trends and Issues in Multifamily Housing, Apartment Financial Management, Maintenancee for Managers, Marketing and Leasing, Community Analysis, and Senior Housing.

Throughout my life I have had a variety of work experiences; each one with its own unique lesson. I have categorized each experience into three major categories: Management Experience, Maintenance Experience, and Customer Service Experience. I will go into greater detail on each of these experiences later on in the Blog. Not only have I enjoyed my work experiences, but while a student at Ball State I involved myself with the Catholic Student Union, and became elected to a variety of positions because my peers trusted me and my opinions and knew that I would be the best person for the position. The most notable of these positions was being elected President. I was also privileged enough to be elected Treasurer earlier in my time with them. With the Catholic Student Union I have enjoyed many other volunteer service opportunities including being a member of the Haiti Service Team (pictured above), a Retreat Leader, and a member of the Christian Leadership Program.

So far in my property management career, I have already been involved with the National Apartment Association by earning my designation as National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP). I also attended the Indiana Apartment Association's Midwest Multifamily Exhibition & Education Conference.


Currently in my professional life I am seeking an internship experience to be remember this coming summer. It will be the final step toward completing my degree, and with it I would be available for full time employment; eager to work my way up to the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment